SupportAccounting Seed is an innovative, robust financial software solution that transforms the way you do accounting. Use the support resources provided below to be the most productive you can be while using our innovative product.
Customer Support Community
Our online Customer Support Community makes it easy to log a case with our support team.
Support Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST
Accounting Seed University
Are you ready to jump-start your learning on how to use Accounting Seed? The University has eLearning training that spans the Accounting Seed application providing just-in-time training on critical content.
Our knowledge base is a self-serve online library of information about our product. Our short, targeted articles address the questions our customers want answered. We are continually adding in new content every day and it’s available, self-serve, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What is Accounting Seed?
What is a cloud-based accounting solution?
Why should I use online accounting software?
Online accounting software, like Accounting Seed, is easier to use than any server hosted or desktop accounting software. It is a perfect alternative for the now obsolete traditional desktop accounting software or excel spreadsheet.
To use desktop accounting software, you must install it on your computer and run it there. All the data relating to your accounts is also stored on your computer, which is vulnerable to hackers if you don’t have proper firewalls and security set up. Desktop accounting software is a thing of the past, even though desktop packages are still available, there’s been a significant shift to the cloud. According to RightScale’s 2018 State of the Cloud Report, about 81 percent of enterprises already have a multi-cloud strategy.
To access cloud based software, you simply visit a website and sign in with a username and password. All of your data is stored online through the company’s secure servers, which is much safer than your desktop computer. Most accounting packages aimed at small and medium-sized companies now come in cloud versions. Cloud accounting software tends to be more user-friendly and requires less technical expertise to set up. There are many issues with using non-cloud accounting software. This makes it a popular choice.
Also, don’t forget about receiving updates and new features. Using a cloud-based accounting solution will provide your team with the most up-to-date accounting features that are congruent with any new taxes or regulations. In addition to automated functions and updated features, your data is always backed up to a safe server and you can always access your account. You pay a monthly subscription fee based on the number of users you need.
How can Accounting Seed help us?
- creating quotes and estimates with sales data
- creating and sending invoices
- recording expenses
- assisting in tax related functions checking cash flow or profit and loss
Accounting Seed automates many of the repetitive, manual tasks involved in maintaining your financial records, and more. Other than saving you time, Accounting Seed can give you a better understanding of your entire business. Our software generates dynamic financial reporting, as well. This gives you the ability to make crucial decisions that lead to success. Finally, accounting software will keep your records in check and help you meet all legal requirements when running a business.
Do I need to install software to do my accounting online?
Can I use a mobile device to access my account?
How computer savvy do I need to be to handle the software?
You don’t need to be a tech genius to handle our software, but our software was developed for people with some accounting knowledge. If you have a question about Accounting Seed, you can always turn to our support team. A typical response is normally handled within an hour, but you should expect a response within 24 hours. We also provide written how-to documentation and video tutorials in Accounting Seed University and our Knowledge Base.
Do I need to be an accountant or bookkeeper to use Accounting Seed?
If all your company’s financial data is currently in a desktop version of an accounting program, you may find that cloud-based, accounting software helps you identify trends, spot revenue opportunities, and give you a better understanding of where your company stands.
Like we mentioned before, this software was developed with non-accountants in mind, so using it shouldn’t be a problem at all.
Can I use the accounting software in collaboration with my bookkeeper/CPA?
What should we think about when choosing your accounting software?
Although we offer a free, guided demo of our software, it’s a good idea to do some research before choosing Accounting Seed.
These are some of the questions you might ask:
- Who needs to use our accounting software? How many users will you need? Will these people be in the same office, or located in different places? Are they familiar with accounting concepts?
- What key tasks will you need to perform? For instance: invoicing, logging expenses, recording payments, tracking time spent on different projects, generating management reports, converting between currencies, etc.
- What other software do you use? Do you need to connect Accounting Seed to other business systems or will Accounting Seed be replacing those systems as well?
- Do you trade or accept payment in different currencies? Keeping track of exchange rates can be a headache, so if you do business in other currencies then look to Accounting Seed, which converts currencies for you and is up to date on conversion rates.
- Do you bill for time and materials? For instance, your team will be able to input their timesheets and expense reports which can be billed back to customers if needed.
- Does your sector have specific accounting requirements? Although our software works in all different industries, businesses in some sectors must follow particular accounting and reporting rules.
- Do you run payroll? It’s a good idea to evaluate how you run payroll when considering our accounting software. Accounting Seed offers a seamless integration with payroll softwares like Cloud Payroll, ADP, Paychex, etc.
Make sure you get key employees involved when evaluating Accounting Seed. Employees like accountants, company leaders like the CEO or COO, project managers, and/or a representative of your IT team. They may be able to provide a different perspective or offer helpful insights into how the software might be used.
We're a startup. Is accounting software important for us?
Can I give access to people other than my accountant/bookkeeper to use my account?
Can Accounting Seed replace our accountant?
When is the best time to switch accounting software?
Do I need to use Salesforce?
Is Accounting Seed for U.S. businesses only?
How much time does it take to get Accounting Seeed set up?
Registering for our software depends on three main areas prior to going live with your new system.
- Setup. This is the guts of the system. Getting your customers, vendors, chart of accounts, possibly products all entered into the system. This is accomplished with our default import templates and importing into the system.
- Q & A on core functionality. Now that you have the guts of the system, you can begin learning the best practices of how to use it. We provide a great online elearning tool (Accounting Seed University) as well as an extensive Knowledge Base to help with this.
- Opening balance migration. Bringing over open A/R, open A/P, and the closing trial balance so that there is a clear cut break between the old accounting system and the new one.
We offer implementation packages based around these three areas. If you’re moving from a previous software package, importing the data can be very easy and seamless. If you’re using online accounting software for the first time, you can either manually enter data or use the auto-import feature available for your business’ banking data, your chart of accounts, etc. Either way, make sure you spend time setting up your software depending on the size of your business and administration. To help with this, Accounting Seed offers implementation consultations.
Do I need to do the same thing for mobile?
Can I transfer data from other software into Accounting Seed?
Is online accounting software secure?
What if Accounting Seed’s servers go down, will I lose my data?
And what about hackers and thieves?
Can I export my data to back it up?
What are the main features of Accounting Seed?
Can I manage my payroll using the software?
Why should I pay for a recurring fee application when there are plenty of one-time fee software providers?
How much does Accounting Seed cost?
Are there discounts for the software?
Can we preview Accounting Seed?
Do I get customer support?
What kind of support do I get?
Is the support 24/7?
Is your support located in the U.S.?
What is Accounting Seed?
Where can I find information on new features?
Can I send files to people who don’t have Accounting Seed? Will they be able to view or share the files?
What happens to my benefits if I decide to stop my subscription?
What type of personalization is provided in Accounting Seed apps?
Can I add optional features later?
What reports do you offer?
Accounting Seed users have access to three types of financial reports and there are prebuilt reports within each type of financial reports.
- Financial reports – Includes P&L, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, Cash Flow Statement, Budgeting, as well as a custom reporting module.
- Management Reports – We give about 20 canned reports including accounts receivable aging, accounts payable aging, job costing, inventory balances, etc.
- Dashboards – These are visual reports like pie charts and bar graphs that are all on one screen to help with decision making. These can be made from data such as accounts payable, expense management, revenue recognition, etc.
All of the reporting features offer real-time data insights, as well. We also offer reporting on many different areas of your business that will help you make accurate decisions about your business. Be sure to reach out to any of our account executives today to hear more about our reporting features.