The reality is that seeing and truly understanding data is essential for business sustainability. You can’t reduce expenses, maximize income, or invest resources effectively without understanding the factors diving your business. For accounting and sales, Salesforce reports and dashboards offer fast, reliable answers.
How Do Reports and Dashboards In Salesforce Work?
In a nutshell, any way you want. These Salesforce tools are designed to be highly user-friendly and customizable to suit individual needs. This includes how data is displayed or even unique formulas needed for specific calculations.
Automated reporting and dashboard functions enable Salesforce users to view real-time information anywhere within the Salesforce ecosystem. You can generate reports and dashboards in Salesforce directly, or within native solutions. For example, in Accounting Seed you can create Salesforce-based dashboards surrounding your financials. Or, you can generate a management report around your current projects. Let’s look at these individual tools to see how they help you monitor and track data.
- Configure easily with drag-and-drop configurations and built-in graphics.
- Group and break down report data into a document of rows and columns.
- Allocate and filter the data as you see fit.
- Generate graphical charts based on the information.
- Use permission settings to allow reports to be shared among selected groups or individuals.
Salesforce reporting tools also let you create a new custom report, dashboard, or visualization from a new report. Native solutions, like Accounting Seed, offer additional reporting options like financial reports alongside custom and standard Salesforce reports.
- Configure with drag-and-drop configurations and built-in graphics.
- Customize data and layout; allows users to add or remove display parameters.
- Display data from custom source reports.
- View real-time data instantly, automatically.
- Set the dashboard to be emailed to users automatically.
Salesforce dashboards are optimized to help to identify trends, sort out quantities, and measure the impact of relevant activities. Additionally, these dashboards let you easily isolate what’s not working to fix it. Like reports, Salesforce dashboards are easy to build, relying on simple drag-and-drop tools instead of coding to create. This lets you quickly sort and analyze data quantities thanks to their highly visible nature. Lastly, you have the option to use the same report in multiple dashboard components on a single dashboard.
How Do You Create These Dashboards and Reports?
Again, all reporting in Salesforce is pretty easy. With all of your transactions, contacts, and other data already in the Salesforce CRM, it’s simple to pull and group information as you need. To help, here’s a simple process for creating reports and dashboards.
- Define what you need to know/what you want to see.
- Supplement this core question with the additional desired information.
- Date range would you like to examine
- How do you want to group the query, by product, customer, etc.
- Create variable requirements to pinpoint the data for the report.
- Set your criteria. As with the requirements-based steps, Salesforce provides options. Here are a few:
- Report Type = Opportunities with Products
- Filter = Product ‘equals’ Active
- Filter = Opportunity Stage ‘equals’ Closed Won
- Report Format = Summary
Be sure to check out the Salesforce Trailhead’s full course on dashboards and reports.
Real-Time Data = Real-Time Success
Effective financial analysis hinges on fully understanding the divers of your cash flow and financial health. The same goes for your sales – both for tracking progress and assessing return on investment. Project statuses and expenses need to be monitored to ensure a cost-effective delivery. All of these require you to actively track the trends in financial data. How else will you improve your operational efficiency?
Salesforce reports and dashboards serve not just as visual aids, but also give you the flexibility to probe any areas of your operation. This is how you can be proactive instead of reactive in engineering your success. The same is with all the native solutions on Salesforce.
Accounting Seed Salesforce Reports and Dashboards
Accounting Seed’s Salesforce dashboards and financial reporting features let you fully visualize, monitor, and control financial health. We don’t just bring a fully automated, intuitive accounting system. We also bring the power and flexibility of the Salesforce Platform©. Here’s what our customers can expect:
- Quickly access or create reports to analyze real-time business performance without managing a complex chart of accounts.
- Control how you present your data with simple Salesforce drag-and-drop functionality.
- Drill down further into a specific project, variable, period, product, and/or account.
- Make custom management reports that can be created with your own rows and columns.
Find out why our solution gives users real-time financial data instantly by signing up for a free, personalized demo today!