Are you attending Sprout 2020? In addition to enjoying our conference schedule, we compiled some ideas to help you get the most out of your time in National Harbor. Whether between panel sessions or if you choose to extend your stay for the weekend, there’s a lot National Harbor has to offer! Check out the list below for the top seven fun activities National Harbor has to offer!
- Hop on The Capital Wheel-Ferris wheel for a beautiful view of everything in the National Harbor.
- Love getting out on the water? Check out the boat & Kayak rentals available to take a spin around the harbor. Take advantage of the evening kayak tour to site-see and enjoy the sunset.
- Take a walk through downtown National Harbor to explore the many statues placed around town that were created by local artists.
- Want to unwind with some fun after Sprout? Topgolf is just a few miles away for all you golfers! Enjoy the view, food & drink, and destress with golf.
- Pedal through the waterfront district by renting a bike on the corner of Waterfront Street and Fleet Street.
- Enjoy a late-night drink at The Gaylord National Resort & Convention Centers Nightclub, Pose. With a wrap-around porch that is on the top floor, it’s an experience you have to check out.
- In the mood to taste test? Check out the Flight Deck, located just under the Capital Wheel, to linger over beer, wine, prosecco, and sangria. For an extra five dollars, get your drink of choice in a to-go-cup and ride the Capital Wheel while you enjoy your drink after an awesome day at Sprout!
These are just a few of the amazing things that you can check out while you are in town for Sprout 2020. To explore the restaurants and other activities in National Harbor, click here for a list of countless opportunities available!
Extending Your Stay? Venture to Washington D.C.!
Want to stay and explore D.C.? Catch a later flight or stay for the weekend and see what our capital has to offer. From discovering the amazing monuments to exploring the countless museums in the area, there’s not a chance you’ll get bored. Here are a few things Washington D.C. has to offer!
- Visit the National Geographic Museum, located in the heart of D.C., to experience breathtaking photographs from all around the world. Check out this list for other free, must-see museums!
- Want to enjoy the nice weather? Check out the National Botanic Gardens in Capitol Hill and admire the hundreds of different plant life blooming all around.
- Check out the neoclassical architecture of the U.S. Capitol building and tour the inside! If you time it right, you’ll be able to watch congress legislate when they are in session.
- You won’t want to miss out on what The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History! Being one of the world’s most visited museums, the exhibits inside are like nothing you’ve ever seen before.
- Washington D.C. has the mayor of Tokyo to thank for allowing the shipment of 3,000 Cherry Blossom trees to be sent over to the capital back in 1912. These beautiful trees are mainly located around the Tidal Basin and are a wonderful site to admire on a spring walk.
- Explore Georgetown! Take a relaxing walk down their beautiful streets, admire the beautiful homes and stop in their variety of amazing shops. If you are in the mood for something sweet, Georgetown Cupcakes is a cupcake you can’t pass up!
Washington D.C. has so much to offer! Don’t miss out on exploring some of their amazing sites while you’re in town for Sprout. Click here for even more ideas to make your trip special!