Accounting Seed is a rapidly growing Accounting software company that sells a leading edge application on the Salesforce.com platform. We are the fusion of two disciplines: Information Technology and Accounting.
Scrum Master/Senior Project Manager
Accounting Seed is a rapidly growing accounting software company that sells a leading-edge application on the Salesforce.com platform. We are the fusion of two disciplines: Information Technology and Accounting.
The growing entrepreneurial team at Accounting Seed, Inc. in Columbia, MD has an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master/Senior Project Manager.
Are you a collaborative, solutions-oriented team player and dynamic leader comfortable working in a fast-paced environment? If so, this career opportunity is for you! You must be a strong communicator, comfortable working with internal stakeholders of all organizational levels. You are a thoughtful multitasker able to work across multiple projects. You care about the details and are interested in understanding the projects you work on. You love working across different groups in a fast-paced environment, and you’re not afraid to embrace change. If this is you, please continue reading!!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead the planning, execution, and closing of sprints to support the delivery of software product for Accounting Seed projects and stakeholders across the enterprise
- Planning responsibilities include facilitation of planning meetings to identify the product
- Backlog items to be worked in a sprint and estimating the level of effort of development
- Execution responsibilities include leading daily standup meetings, tracking progress by
keeping the sprint backlog up-to-date, and helping to remove impediments
- Closing activities include conducting an end of sprint meeting where sprint products are
demonstrated to stakeholders and conducting the end of sprint retrospective with the
- Take initiative and act as a leader to foster collaboration and communication between team members on technical issues, on process improvements, and in addressing and escalating project risks and issues
- Support cross-project activities such as integration testing with other project teams and identify, track, and coordinate cross-project dependencies
- Assist with scheduling, status reports, project documentation and representing the project at various cross-functional meetings
- Update Product Backlog Items to include new or revised requirements and backlog items
- Provide expertise in identifying process improvements to reduce defects and errors and improve overall team productivity
2-5+ years of project management/Scrum Master in an SDLC environment
PMP certification or other project management/Scrum Master education highly desired
Experience utilizing JIRA, or similar team-based project management software
Demonstrates strong writing and verbal communication skills
Prior experience with agile methodologies
Experience with project delivery
Experience in the discipline of Accounting would be extremely beneficial
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, or related field
- Be comfortable and adaptable to the needs of a rapidly growing organization with strong communication skills, work ethic, and a customer service mentality
- 8+ years’ technology work experience with a majority of that experience in information technology project management work across diverse technologies
- Experience working in an agile environment, facilitating release planning and project management
- Experience estimating the level of effort of development activities, leading daily standups, tracking progress by keeping the sprint backlog up-to-date, and helping to remove impediments
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities with multiple internal & external customers
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
Job Type: Full-time
Accounting Seed is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please submit resume, cover letter and samples of work/portfolio if applicable to firstname.lastname@example.org