Accounting Seed is a rapidly growing Accounting software company that sells a leading edge application on the Salesforce.com platform. We are the fusion of two disciplines: Information Technology and Accounting.
Quality Assurance Assoicate
The growing entrepreneurial team at Accounting Seed, Inc. in Columbia, MD has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Associate.
The successful candidate will quickly learn the Accounting Seed product, our release management cycle, and be able to execute functional tests. This will provide an excellent foundation to begin contributing to the ongoing development of functional tests for Accounting Seed Financial Suite and Orders & Inventory products. You will work with a product team that uses a development approach closely aligned with the Agile Software Development Methodology.
What you’ll do:
- Execute functional test cases based on test plan
- Comprehensive testing and tracking of issues in release(s)
- Identify and communicate high-risk areas to the product development team.
- Maintain and communicate testing status to Release Management
- Coordinate activities with overseas and local team members
- Functional Test Cases
- Update and maintain existing test cases
- Write test cases for previous functionality where missing
- Write test cases for new and upcoming functionality
- Investigate failures in test runs, follow through until resolution
- Test Plan
- Provide inputs in order to create and manage a comprehensive test plan
- Communicate test plan progress for each release
- Write and manage product release notes for each release
- Knowledge base updates and other technical documentation:
- Coordinate with Support and Training regarding release updates
- Conduct internal demos of new functionality, gather inputs.
Work with the team to improve quality assurance and testing processes, tools, methods and efficiency.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science or Masters in Computer Science or appropriate work experience
- 1-2 years experience testing cloud based application or product
- 1-2 years experience executing functional test cases
- 1 year experience writing test cases
- Clear and precise written communication and strong presentation skills
- Highly organized working style, strong attention to detail
- Self-starter who has ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with implementation team that executes in agile fashion
Accounting Seed is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and samples of work/portfolio if applicable to firstname.lastname@example.org