Accounting Seed is a rapidly growing Accounting software company that sells a leading edge application on the Salesforce.com platform. We are the fusion of two disciplines: Information Technology and Accounting.
Accounting Seed is a rapidly growing accounting software application on the Salesforce.com platform.
We are in immediate need of a Product Manager with Accounting experience to join our agile Product Development Team. The candidate must be a self-starter who has the ability to multitask priorities in a dynamic environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Identify user and business needs.
- Ensure the roadmap is tied to clear business goals and strategic objectives.
- Use accounting work experience to identify new product features to enhance our application
- Identify areas of opportunity and improvement in the product through data collection and competitive analysis.
- Work with cross-functional teams to refine business goals and the product vision.
- Develop a keen understanding of our market, users, and customers.
- Coordinate closely with customer-facing and sales teams to actively seek out the customer’s and prospect’s feature requests and pain points.
- Map out project milestones and identify and resolve strategic roadblocks.
- Coordinates with Product Owner to manage prioritization, balancing business needs versus technical and resource constraints.
- Assist the requirements team with defining product requirements and lead the successful execution of initiatives.
- Resolve roadblocks by being the subject matter expert for the product development team
- Assists Product Owner with backlog prioritization as necessary.
- Works with the Director of Product Development to define, track, and report on business metrics and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate communication with the Product Owner between developers, designers, and business stakeholders regarding goals, requirements, and risks.
- Keep abreast of changes in Salesforce.com with a view to the adoption of new technologies.
- Perform user acceptance testing.
- Be a champion for product training.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of professional Accounting experience or CPA
- 5 years of experience with product management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field or appropriate work experience
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Assist Knowledge Base and Training team in the role as a product SME
- Strong learning ability and analytical mindset
- Experience using product management software
- Prior experience with agile methodologies
Accounting Seed is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and samples of work/portfolio if applicable to firstname.lastname@example.org