Accounting Seed is a rapidly growing Accounting software company that sells a leading edge application on the Salesforce.com platform. We are the fusion of two disciplines: Information Technology and Accounting.
Jr. Program Manager
Accounting Seed is a rapidly growing accounting software company that sells a leading-edge application on the Salesforce.com platform. We are the fusion of two disciplines: Information Technology and Accounting.
The growing entrepreneurial team at Accounting Seed, Inc. in Columbia, MD has an exciting opportunity for a Jr. Program Manager.
The successful candidate will manage our software product release lifecycle. To coordinate the many milestones within a product release, he or she will work closely with other team members including development, quality assurance, marketing, sales and support and report directly to the Chief Product Officer. We are looking for a dedicated individual who will fit with the collaborative culture of our entrepreneurial team and has the confidence to work independently and accomplish tasks with minimal guidance. You must be process minded, and a solid persuasive communicator.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create and maintain a detailed release management schedule.
- Effectively coordinate with multiple teams driving constant communication, dependent tasks, and information exchange resulting in an efficient process.
- Lead a cross-functional team to adhere to a customer-focused, time-sensitive, and efficient release schedule.
- Manage the creation and update of any supporting materials for each new release, to include: training, knowledge base articles, product release notes, email communications, blog articles, and webinars.
- Provide timely updates to management as requested.
- Proactively raise potential issues and have a creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on the details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Project Planning and Management– Manage project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Team Management– Assist in process and team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; and leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
- Experienced at maintaining project schedules, milestones, and presentation of status updates to management teams to include the Chief Product Officer.
- Able to manage and organize multiple priorities simultaneously.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Solid understanding of agile software development life cycle models
- 2-3 years of experience as a Program Manager managing complex projects in a software development environment with multi-function teams
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 8 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Schedule management experience (MS Project or other)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Is passionately organized and lights up when talking about their process
- Holds himself/herself to standards beyond what is expected
- Is sharp, catches on quickly, and will teach himself/herself the rest
- Is energized by and invites a challenge
- Considers common sense a virtue
- Communicates clearly and effectively, face-to-face and in writing
- Is unwaveringly dependable and accountable for his/her own actions
- Is willing to help out a teammate and pitch in when needed
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Understanding of best practices in agile project management
- Can adapt to changes in scope and other circumstances
Accounting Seed is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please submit resume, cover letter and samples of work/portfolio if applicable to email@example.com